Bespoke Garden Rooms & Studios
Design your own Cabin
We at Scotia also like to encourage our clients to get creative.
Maybe you have a unique space in your garden and maybe you want a certain configuration then that’s not a problem, we can take you through the process of creating the Studio or Garden room of your dreams.
SKETCH – Provide us with a rough drawing , let your imagination run riot, give us some rough measurements (don’t worry we will check them when we visit) and a bit of a layout and we should be able to give you a rough price to the level where you are comfortable.
CAD DESIGN SERVICE – From your sketch and starting budget we will then produce some design drawings that show your Cabin in a 3 dimensional drawing helping you visualise exactly how it will look.
Site Visit – Let’s put these ideas into perspective when our surveyor comes to visit and see the site to make sure we can incorporate those creative ideas. We may even be able to provide a few of our own from the vast library of designs, customer case studies and show site examples we have.
Payment – Our surveyor will talk you through all the options. A 50% deposit is required to set the wheels in motion and our process is completely transparent from start to finish. The only surprise you get from Scotia is the feeling of delight when everything goes to plan and your dream space is ready to use.
Program Build – As part of our site visit we will complete a comprehensive site survey including all the facilities that our professional fitting teams will need when they come to install your new Garden Room
Service and Accessories – During our build process we keep you informed at all stages and can incorporate either your trades people for desired extras or we can recommend other trusted traders if you would like other options such as Hi Fi systems ,Wood Burning Stoves , bespoke lighting etc.
Complimentary Services – As well as installing and designing a base system for your Studio we can also assist with decking and balustrading to enhance and compliment your project.
We construct all our outdoor spaces utilising the best quality sturdy and sustainably sourced materials ensuring your investment will continue to give decades of pleasure with minimum maintenance required.
A Garden Office from Scotia Cabins represents a sensible alternative to a conventional extension, less disruptive and, in many cases, no planning consents are required (subject to local by-laws). Our garden office can utilise unused space in your garden and provide a welcome sanctuary from life’s hustle and bustle. According to property expert Sarah Beeney a Garden Room can add as much as 5% to the value of your home.
- All our Garden rooms are manufactured in the UK at our factory in Derbyshire to exacting standards and include the following specifications.
- Choice of customer supplied, or we install your base.
- FSC produced Western Red Cedar, Slow Grown PEPC/FSC Scandinavian Redwood or Composite nil maintenance panelling.
- Frame constructed from structural C16 Timber.
- Fully insulated with Kingspan ™ or similar.
- Wall and roof boards in FSC approved MDF boards ready for painting (or finished for you dependant on your choice)
- Firestone EPDM ™ single piece roof system complete with custom made verges and gutter trim finished in black together with gutter and downpipes as required.
- Set number of windows supplied as part of your package with additional as required from a vast choice of shapes and sizes.
- Door systems supplied as part of your package with choice of Patio Style, Sliding or even Bi-Fold options as required. Double glazed energy efficient UPVC windows and doors for peak efficiency.
- Window and door trim colours to suit your design ideas.
- Choice of click laminate flooring coverings.
- Wall and roof internal boarding ready for your decoration (or can be finished by us as a turnkey package)
- Either we can arrange, or you can involve your local electrical contractor to install electrical supply and internal specification.
- 10 year manufacturer on all building materials
- Up to 20 year guarantee on UPVC doors
- 10 year guarantee on all window frames
- 5 year guarantee on all glass window units
- 10 year guarantee on all Pilkington roof glazing.
A Scotia Bespoke Garden room , Office or Studio is an exciting low cost and convenient way to provide that outdoor space you’ve always dreamt of.